Wistmans Wood

Lots of people around these parts are mad about the sea.  I also love the seaside but if I am honest my heart belongs to woodlands.  I put this down to being born and raised in an area 2000 miles away from any coast.  Trees are my thing.  


I saw this photo today on social media and had to share it.  It is taken at Wistmans Wood, a Devon wildlife preserve.  This is the sort of place where Merlin would have lived, inside an ancient oak forest. The photographer is called Nick Green.  I hope you find it as magical as I did.  

Comments

  1. It's really a magical, atmospheric place - the home of elfs and goblins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can understand why people believe in magical creatures when you see such a beautiful, ancient place.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photo of a great place. We were there in Dartmoor in 2012, an amazing place to make a walk. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment