The Blogger's Disease

There is a serious disease going around and I've caught it.  It's brought on by over exposure to social media and an obsession with food...



I don't know what the technical name is.  I am sure there is one.



I just call it 'Blogger's' Disease.  The symptoms are obvious to the casual observer:  

1. When dining out, all food must be photographed before being eaten.


2.  All household storage space is filled with 'props' which include chipped china, rusty baking tins, and Bakelite handled forks and knives. 

3. Food is purchased for it's attractive appearance rather than taste or seasonality.  (Please note the beautiful white peaches purchased out of season)

4.  All food prepared in the home kitchen is blog fodder and may be subject to the same photographic treatment as restaurant food. 

5.  The blogger is unable to pass a charity shop, yard sale, or car boot sale without turning in to 'look for stuff to use on the blog'.

6.  No scrap piece of paper can be thrown away because it may have a hastily scribbled recipe on it and be needed for the next blog post.  


I am sure there are many more symptoms but these are the one's I experience the most.  To those of you who are annoyed by my erratic behaviour, I sincerely apologize.   To those who are kind enough to say they enjoy visiting my little corner of cyber space I wish to express my gratitude.  It's an absolute delight sharing with you.  

Comments

  1. I have got early symptons of this disease , x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing you can do but enjoy it! : D It's futile to resist.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! I think I have some of those symptoms too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- I know exactly what you mean - I am exactly the same - I think it is called 'blogitus' I have been suffering from it for the last three years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a chronic case of this disease and I believe it's getting worse! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope there is no cure for your disease. I suffer from similiar symptoms, however during this busy phase of my life, IG seems to be my media outlet of choice. It is quicker than a blog post, and can be done on the run anywhere! I've decided that I need to sit down in front of this computer more often and read through your lovely posts. I'm currently sipping a cup of tea, in honor of your disease. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jena! XxX We've been enjoying all the photos you and Kev have posted. It's lovely seeing everyone looking so well and happy.

      Delete
  6. haha love it.. there is also the gardening version. Can't see a bee, bird etc without taking a photo for said blog. Flower in bud/bloom.. out comes camera. First harvest of crops and repeat harvest must be captured and shown to followers... you get the picture? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very guilty, especially number 6 - I have a random collection of used envelopes/ food packagaing etc with recipes scribbled on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Glad to hear someone else does it, too!

      Delete
  8. All of of the above, and more. My postman thinks I have a serious shopping addiction judging by the sad looks I get when I am signing for samples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postman doesn't know how much fun he is missing! ; D

      Delete
  9. Ha!!! So funny!!! I have that too! It is hard to describe but you just nailed it pal!!! This post made me smile! Happy week to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment