The Effect of High Summer on Blogging

Something happens every year about this time.  The garden seems to go into jungle mode and I spend almost all my spare time hacking back the borders.


Baking and blogging take a backseat to taking cuttings for new plants and transplanting things that have outgrown their old places in the garden.  This rose just got 'relocated' this afternoon.


The roses that don't get moved about need a daily deadheading to keep them going.  


Even the day lilies need a little attention to keep them looking their best.  


Fortunately, the pots of lobelias seem to take care of themselves.  Things are beginning to look a bit tired.  Soon the gardening season will be over and there will be time for more baking and blogging. Until then you will probably find me, head down, in a flower bed.  

Comments

  1. I'm glad it's not just me - I just realised I haven't blogged for four weeks. I'd like to pretend I've been really on top of the gardening during that time, but that would be a lie! Those roses and daylilies are such beautiful colours. Nothing jungle-like about your garden in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shamini. I seem to have a peachy thing going on in the garden. : D There will be plenty of time to blog once autumn is here.

      Delete
  2. Yes it's always a challenge to keep the garden looking good at this time of year. I always feel a bit sad when the freshness of early summer starts to fade. Is autumn really knocking at the door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid we are on the downhill slide into autumn. This summer has flown by.

      Delete

Post a Comment