Paintings by Stewart Lees

The first time I saw a painting by Stewart Lees I thought it was a photograph. I couldn't believe the rough textured string was made of paint!


So, I had a quick look around on the Internet, as you do, so I could see more.


Each painting seems more alive than the last....


By following the artist on Twitter I was able to watch as this pot of Flowering Thyme came to life.   To see videos of the artist at work you can follow @StewartLees2 on Twitter. To look at more of his stunning work you can visit his website, simply CLICK HERE.

Comments

  1. Wow! I'm really baffled! The longer I look at the paintings the more details I discover! The wood grain, the moss on the pots, the scissors, the blossoms...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the more I look at the paintings the more amazing they become.

      Delete
  2. Wow what a talented artist, it is just like a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have this talent.

      Delete

Post a Comment