Cat and Mouse

Every morning there is a mad moment when the Dust Bunny has a wild burst of activity, usually it involves one of the dining chairs and his favourite mouse.



It only lasts for a minute or two but it sounds like he is pulling down the house. I know it's about to begin when I see this face, the 'I am temporarily possessed by a wild demon' face.



Poor mouse is always oblivious to imminent attack even though it happens nearly every day.  I suppose it's the result of having a brain filled with cotton wool.


The attack is vicious; kicking, biting, sharp teeth gnashing and gnawing mousie's tail. 


Suddenly it stops.  A sort of truce breaks out.  Cat and mouse share a cuddle and a snooze, all aggression is forgotten.


But I can't help but think someone is making strategic plans for the next game of cat and mouse. 

Comments

  1. DB so reminds me of my old friend Emma. She arrived home as a kitten giveaway in my cycle pannier when I was 7 years old. And she kept me company all through my teenage years, college years and was still around when I left home. A very fine cat friend indeed and still missed for those very furry purrs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have a little furry friend they are always in your heart and you never get over having to say goodbye. X

      Delete
  2. Ha! Love your furry buddy up there! They can entertain for hours...and so fun to watch aren't they?!?! Happy weekend you!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment