Fat-Free Creamy Soup

As you know, I don't do 'DIET' but sometimes, after a particularly naughty weekend, I find I don't want anymore rich food.  This is a quick soup I made for my lunch today that doesn't contain any fat, cream, or butter but it still has a rich creamy texture.  



The magic ingredient is potato.... here's how I make it:

Peel and cut into smallish pieces:

2 carrots
1 large potato
1 onion

Place the vegetables into a sauce pan with 1 good quality stock cube and enough water to cover the vegetables.  

Add any herbs you like.  I used...

1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch of dried thyme

Cover the pan and cook over a low heat until the vegetables are very tender.  If you like to add a little heat to your soup, add 1 teaspoon HOME MADE CHILI SEASONING

Remove the saucepan from the heat and puree the vegetables and stock together until smooth and creamy.  I use a stick blender for this but you can always use a food processor.  Return the soup to the heat and bring it back up to a simmer before serving.  That's it, creamy, fat free and not naughty at all!

Comments

  1. Fantastic!!!! My weekend was much the same! This looks delicious!!! Happy cooking! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely just what was needed on a cold day like today, I don't diet either I have treats at the weekend and eat sensible and less in the week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment