Monday, 23 February 2015

Fat-Free Creamy Soup

As you know, I don't do 'DIET' but sometimes, after a particularly naughty weekend, I find I don't want anymore rich food.  This is a quick soup I made for my lunch today that doesn't contain any fat, cream, or butter but it still has a rich creamy texture.  



The magic ingredient is potato.... here's how I make it:

Peel and cut into smallish pieces:

2 carrots
1 large potato
1 onion

Place the vegetables into a sauce pan with 1 good quality stock cube and enough water to cover the vegetables.  

Add any herbs you like.  I used...

1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch of dried thyme

Cover the pan and cook over a low heat until the vegetables are very tender.  If you like to add a little heat to your soup, add 1 teaspoon HOME MADE CHILI SEASONING

Remove the saucepan from the heat and puree the vegetables and stock together until smooth and creamy.  I use a stick blender for this but you can always use a food processor.  Return the soup to the heat and bring it back up to a simmer before serving.  That's it, creamy, fat free and not naughty at all!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!! My weekend was much the same! This looks delicious!!! Happy cooking! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely just what was needed on a cold day like today, I don't diet either I have treats at the weekend and eat sensible and less in the week.

    ReplyDelete