The Pig and Pallet - Topsham

On Tuesday Andy and I celebrated 14 years of our trans-Atlantic union, more commonly known as our wedding anniversary.  Now Tuesday was a work day so there wasn't any time for us to have a romantic, candle lit dinner.  To be honest, we much prefer lunch to dinner anyway.  We needed something special and close to Andy's home office. We found it tucked behind the Topsham yacht yard... THE PIG AND PALLET!


Now some folks prefer champagne and candlelight for their romantic moments but I come from Missouri, home of some of the best BBQ in the world.  (Gates BBQ  and KC Masterpiece to name two of the most famous)  So a good pulled pork sandwich is the way to my heart.  Andy had a lovely bit of pastrami.  


I knew we were on to a winner when I saw the smoker standing proudly in the front of the shop. Yes, that is a yacht behind the smoker.  The Pig and Pallet is located right on the Exe estuary. 



The whole interior is made from pallets and other upcycled items, relaxed and comfortable in a rustic way.


The staff is friendly and helpful and willing to help you choose the perfect drink to accompany your meal.... like this lovely local cider.


The dress code is casual,  Bowler hats are not mandatory. 


I am sure we will be Pig and Pallet regulars.  The food was delicious and the staff were lovely. 


So if you are in the Topsham area, pop into the Pig and Pallet.  As they say, come in and say Oink!  

Comments

  1. I also have great BBQ memories of Gates (Hi! May I help you?) and KC Masterpiece. But it sounds like Pig and Pallet will give them a run for their money....I would say they already take the prize on the best restaurant name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a belated Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great I'll definitely give it a go when I'm in the area which hopefully will be this year sometime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment