The Sign of the Angel - Lacock

The Sign of the Angel Inn is haunted.  That is a fact, no debating if ghosts exist or not.  Who could blame a ghost for not wanting to leave a cosy fire like this on a cold winter's day.



This is a friendly spirit, a former owner of this 15th Century Inn who still attends to the Angel's customers.  



The Sign of the Angel Inn was built to be an Inn.  The name, Angel, refers to the gold coin used as currency not a heavenly host.  



It's one of those buildings that pulls you in off the street, powerless to resist it's charms... 


through an ancient oak door, down a passage and into the first dinning room with a blazing fire.



The tables were set for lunch and we were more than ready for a seat by the fire and a hot meal.


The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and welcoming.  We didn't see the ghost.  It is said she frequently visits the guest rooms.  I assume she was upstairs overseeing the preparations for the night's visitors.

Comments

  1. Exciting thought - having lunch with a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I would be able to eat my lunch with a ghost at the table!

      Delete
  2. I love your photos and I am delighted you enjoyed the Inn which I think is superb. I am so sad you didn't see the ghost especially as it is advertised as a house ghost and should be available for stories and chats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment