A Day at the Races Part II

In my last post I told you about the racing terriers at Yarcombe.  Part of the fun of attending a terrier race is watching the people and the pets who come to this very exciting event. 


There are probably more dogs who come to watch the racing than those who actually participate in the races.  Some are too young, like this adorable puppy.


Some are too big, like this wonderful hound!


Some are too posh or maybe just more interested in the burgers, bacon sandwiches and sausages sold at the food tent. 


Some dogs like to place a bet and watch for the winner. 


Some dogs come to remember when they  were running in the big races.


And of course, there are the current contestants leaping about filled with pre-race excitement!  


My money is on the springy one!  

Comments

  1. Hahahahaha. Brilliant. I'm not a 'doggie' person, having had cats all my life, but I LOVED these pics! (By the way, you'd never get cats to race...thought I'd like to see someone try)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. If you can think of a way to make cats race let me know. I'll be your business partner. : )

      Delete
  2. Cute pics Deb! And funny captions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! : ) It's such a fun event and for a great cause, the preservation of the ancient, Norman church in the center of the village.

      Delete
  3. Lovely doggie photos. I like the 'twins'! ( 3rd photo down )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those kinds of dogs! They look so trim and stylish. All of the dogs were lovely and very well behaved.

      Delete

Post a Comment