Thursday, 27 February 2014

Andy's All-Time Favourite Apple Cake

Andy isn't big on fluffy, frosted cakes.  I am.  He likes simple, traditional cakes like Victoria Sponge and things with apples baked in them.  It's a sad fact that those who do the baking usually pick what gets baked.



So, in the interest of fairness, I thought I bake Andy's All-Time FAVOURITE apple cake.   So I crawled back to the furthest reaches of the kitchen cupboard to dig out the seldom used bundt pan.  We all have them; pots, pans, kitchen implements that spend most of the time unloved and under utilised.



But I digress, back to baking this cake.  I found this recipe at Martha Stewart's website.  I am a BIG Martha fan and after this cake I hope you will be too!



Just CLICK HERE to find Martha's Apple Spice Cake Recipe and you will soon be baking the cake that is practically EVERY man's dream.  



I think I can sacrifice the fluffy frosting, just for today.  

6 comments:

  1. Cinnamon and apple - a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I am with Andy on the 'plain' cakes! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - my favourite combination of apple & cinnamon … I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of those 'keeper' recipes. You will make it again and again.

      Delete