Andy's All-Time Favourite Apple Cake

Andy isn't big on fluffy, frosted cakes.  I am.  He likes simple, traditional cakes like Victoria Sponge and things with apples baked in them.  It's a sad fact that those who do the baking usually pick what gets baked.



So, in the interest of fairness, I thought I bake Andy's All-Time FAVOURITE apple cake.   So I crawled back to the furthest reaches of the kitchen cupboard to dig out the seldom used bundt pan.  We all have them; pots, pans, kitchen implements that spend most of the time unloved and under utilised.



But I digress, back to baking this cake.  I found this recipe at Martha Stewart's website.  I am a BIG Martha fan and after this cake I hope you will be too!



Just CLICK HERE to find Martha's Apple Spice Cake Recipe and you will soon be baking the cake that is practically EVERY man's dream.  

Deb's Shorthand Recipe for Apple Spice Cake

1 1/3 c. canola oil 
3 eggs
2 c. caster sugar 
3 c. plain flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 t. vanilla 
3 or 4 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch slices

Beat eggs, oil, and sugar together until pale yellow.

Sift dry ingredients together then gradually beat the dry mixture into the egg, oil, and sugar mixture.

Stir in apples and vanilla.

Pour into a prepared bundt pan.  Bake 350F for 75-90 minutes. 

Can be served with custard, ice cream and/or caramel sauce.



I think I can sacrifice the fluffy frosting, just for today.  


Comments

  1. Cinnamon and apple - a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I am with Andy on the 'plain' cakes! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - my favourite combination of apple & cinnamon … I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of those 'keeper' recipes. You will make it again and again.

      Delete

Post a Comment