Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Cookies

This is an impulse post.  I didn't anticipate baking anything today and I certainly didn't plan to blog today.  I saw this recipe whizz past me on Twitter and it looked too good not to give it a go.



My photos don't do these lovely cookies justice.  They are delicious, rather like a ginger cookie but spiced with cinnamon instead.  Best of all, you will probably have all the ingredients you need to bake them in your store cupboard already!

2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup butter - room temperature (you can also use margarine)
1 1/2 cups soft brown sugar
2 eggs - room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla 



Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium size bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set this to one side.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.   You can use a mixer if you like, but I did it by hand.   Beat in the vanilla and eggs. 

Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients, stirring well to combine.  

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.  




Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, make small balls of dough and place them on the baking tray.  Leave an inch or so between the balls of dough.  The cookies will spread when baking.

Bake for about 10 -12 minutes or until the cookies are set.  Let them cool and firm up a bit before removing them from the baking paper.  Make a cup of tea and enjoy!  Store any left over cookies in an airtight container. These are a great impulse bake, if I do say so myself. 

For the original recipe, please visit ROMANIAN MUM BLOG .

Comments

  1. I love anything with cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound absolutely lovely & as you say, everything is to hand so I am definitely going to try them. Thanks ….

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment