Wine Corks and Roses, an Upcycling Project

I seem to have a weakness for collecting some strange things, for example, pretty glass jars and bottles.  I confess, I've been known to purchase store-bought jam for the jar. 


And corks... I can't resist snaffling an interesting cork.  I save them in one of my interesting shaped jars.  But let's be honest, there is no point in having these things if you don't use them. 


After gouging myself (for the um-teenth time) on a garden stake I got an idea.  Why not use them as cane-toppers?  


Simply cut the corks in half and carefully dig out a little hole for the cane.   Push the cork down onto the top of the cane.   Ta Dah!  No  more accidental garden impalements.  


Comments

  1. What a good idea for the corks, I know what you mean about jars x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And wooden spoons, pretty tea towels, the list goes on and on! : D

      Delete
  2. That is the most perfect idea I have seen in a long time!!!! Love this friend and I will be giving it a go! Happy week to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I too have bought jam because I liked the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, for I have also a collection of corks in the kitchen. And yes, those sticks in the garden are so dangerous.....I have gouged myself many times. I go for the corks now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who buys something just for the jar. What a great idea for the corks, I have some tomato tutors that need making safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment