Freebee Pattern for Christmas Stocking Ornaments

I know it's obvious but I'll just say it for the record.  I am a pretty rotten knitter. Just reading a knitting pattern fills me with fear but today I saw a free pattern for tiny Christmas stockings and I knew I HAD to give it a go.



I didn't have the right size knitting needles.  All of my yarn is VERY inexpensive and I didn't have any red or green but I wasn't sure if I could do it anyway. So I just WENT for it!



Everything was going well until the part where the pattern started instructing me to 'turn the heel'!  That was when panic set in and I nearly gave up. 



I stopped, had a cup of tea and a biscuit.  I did some yoga breathing and went through the instructions step by step.  To my surprise, it worked!   

CLICK HERE FOR THE FREE CHRISTMAS STOCKING PATTERN   There are lots of very beautiful and technical designs for you proper knitters.   Have a go, you can make lots of little stockings before Christmas. 

Comments

  1. Well done, I was wondering if you were crafty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes, I do pottery on the wheel, tat lace, can sew but don't have a machine, used to have a floor loom for weaving and a spinning wheel for spinning..you name it, I've tried making it.

      Delete
  2. These are absolutely adorable!!!! I would love to make these!! They would make the perfect gift for a new baby as well!! Thanks for sharing friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are quickly evolving into this year's Christmas theme. : D

      Delete
  3. If you can knit a sock, in whatever size, then you are most definitely not a rotten knitter. Lovely job!

    (But now you have me imagining a full advent calendar of tiny socks. Someone, please save me from myself!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how many 'sock' ideas I have floating around in my head! Love your advent calendar idea. Brilliant!

      Delete

Post a Comment