The French Market in Exmouth

This weekend has seen the return of the three day French Market in Exmouth. Coming from small town American, a street market seems very exotic to me. We just did not EVER have a market in our little town- NEVER -EVER!  Just the prospect of using a real shopping basket is exciting. 



If you don't have a proper shopping basket, this is the place to purchase one.



There were all kinds of delicious treats to buy, including fancy chocolates for big kids - and sweeties for little kids.



The veg stall had exotic looking 'Artichoc' ....



And glorious, glossy tomatoes.



There were all kinds of cheeses. 



Some were covered in slightly frightening mouldy fur,  some packed in straw, and even a few which looked quite normal but promised to be VERY STRONG.



There were just as many varieties of sausages as cheeses.  Some were being served hot in crusty French rolls.



There were dried sausages made from every kind of meat imaginable.



I even saw a whole Parma Ham, not French but very appropriate for a continental market.



Now you can't have a French Market without a stall selling French soap... it's fabulous stuff!  Each colour is a different scent.  



I haven't mentioned the croissants, olives, crepes, table linens.... well, you get the idea.  I even saw Elvis!  Maybe I should save that for Part II.  




Comments

  1. It looks like a very interesting market and I love those baskets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a terrible weakness for baskets! I got there very early and nearly had the place to myself which was brilliant.

      Delete
  2. Lovely French market with goodies to make your mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each food stall had little bits to sample. I ate my way around the market. ; )

      Delete
  3. Ca donne faim…ça doit sentir bon tous ces fromages et saucissons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely scene up there! It is so wonderful to see all of those beautifully grown veggies! And cheese! I would be in heaven!! Have a great week friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun. The vendors love chatting and having their photos taken. And of course, you get to sample all the food. Yum!

      Delete
  5. I love markets, it is easy to get carried away, such lovely goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is right up my alley! I love little street markets! In Frankfort we have a country market then runs end of April through October. Its quite crowded and one of my favorite things to do on Sunday on our way home from church. Its not quite as elaborate as this one looks but it has veggies, fruits, smoothies, handmade soap, lots of food vendors, kettle corn, cheese, olive oil, pickles and a few other things! it attracts tons of people and even more dogs! If you are a dog lover, like Sara, it is the place to be! I wish it had baskets like those in your pictures! Love them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment