Feast for a Goldfinch

They say if you want wildlife to visit your garden, you shouldn't make it too tidy. I was about to deadhead the cornflowers in the cutting patch when I saw a pair of goldfinch feasting on the dried flower seeds. Thankfully, Andy had his camera handy. 


The female was a little shy but the male bird was too busy tucking into his dinner to worry about being photographed.


I suppose the tattered cornflowers will have to stay in the garden.  It would seem cruel to deprive the birds of their feast.  Thanks to my husband, Andy, for the beautiful photographs.  


Comments

  1. What fantastic pictures, a beautiful goldfinch with the vibrant cornflowers, just perfect.
    I like to keep the garden tidy but I no longer cut back anything and everything when they have died off for the simple reason of letting the birds feast on the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say if you want wildlife to visit the garden you not be too tidy. I suppose this is proof of that. : D

      Delete

Post a Comment