Handmade Muffin Liners

I love collecting and using different coloured cupcake liners.   Nothing is more cheerful than a tiny cake encased in a bright paper cup with a great swirl of coordinated frosting.  But today I felt like baking something a bit more subtle.



So I decided to try to make my own muffin liners.  I think they look rather nice and all you really need is a roll of baking paper!



You can be as casual about the measurements as you like, but I found that a square of paper measuring about 5 inches was perfect for a standard muffin tin.



Fold the paper square in half and then in half again, to mark the centre of the square and make the baking paper a bit more malleable.  



Open the paper square and place it into a section of the muffin tin.  Take a small glass or jar and gently press down, folding the edges of the paper up and around the glass.  




Repeat until you've constructed the required number of cake liners.



OK, this is just me playing around now... Fill your cake cases and bake.  I used this recipe for Lemon Drizzle Muffins ....YUM!





Comments

  1. Baking paper is something one has normally at home! How simple and easy to make muffin liners of it. And the baked result looks great! Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it was fun to do too! I think it would be a good activity to do with children. Make and Bake! : )

      Delete
  2. Always wondered how you could make these! So simple too - thanks for sharing Debs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am wondering if there are other kinds of paper that could be used to do this. Have you got any ideas? : )

      Delete
  3. Simple and really effective! :D love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. : ) Sometimes the easiest projects are the best.

      Delete
  4. I'm so impressed, this is a genius idea! You need to get this tutorial on Pinterest, I'm going to pin it, let's see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Janice! : )x I am so glad you liked it. I LOVE Pinterest!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful presentation! And so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favourite recipes for afternoon tea. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment