Wooden Ladle and Cotton Napkins

I am not a great one for shopping.  I don't go in for shoes or handbags or any of the things ladies are supposed to fancy.  I love buying things for the house. 


My real passion is furniture and soft furnishings but there comes a time when you can't squeeze in another cushion let alone another bow-backed Windsor chair.  


With the rooms fully furnished, I've resorted to collecting smaller household items.  Today I treated myself to this beautiful wooden ladle and some rustic cotton napkins. 
 

I know, they aren't a pair of Jimmy Choo's but who needs posh shoes when you've got a gorgeous wooden ladle! 

Both ladle and napkins were purchased at Sainsbury's.   I know... Sainsbury's!

Comments

  1. I love that wooden spoon! Such a beautiful shape and much better than a pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get some nice things in Sainsburys ,I like nice things in the kitchen, I just made some shortbread (will post recipe tommorow) and I was just saying to hubby how I love to use nice things in the kitchen like my big old fashioned style mixing bowl, I will do a post later in the week on my favourite kitchen items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William Morris was right when he said 'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.'

      Delete
  3. Not everything needs to be expensive to be pretty. That wooden ladle has a lovely shape and I too could have chosen for those cotton napkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your home is always filled with beautiful, useful things. These add to the enjoyment of everyday living and are so important to making a house feel like home.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I bet, like me, you love TK Maxx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I haven't been to TK Maxx. This sounds like a dangerous place to me! ; )

      Delete

Post a Comment