Truffles!

I hate to admit any frailties, but I am afraid of candy making.  I am especially wary of chocolate.  It's messy, sometimes it requires tempering, what ever that is, and it can go horribly wrong.  But I NEEDED to try this recipe so I screwed my courage to the sticking place, to quote the Bard, and made a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles!




OK, they aren't beautiful, but they look better than I expected for the first attempt.  Actually, this recipe is very easy and there is NO BAKING required. I got the recipe from Janice at her blog, the Farmersgirl Kitchen.  Click on the link and you will see the recipe.  Her truffles look wonderful, much more refined than mine. No wonder I was inspired to conquer my candy phobia and give truffles a try!




At the heart of this truffle is a delicious, egg-free, chocolate chip cookie dough.  Yes, that means you can eat this cookie dough with a spoon!  RAW! To be honest, I would have just eaten the cookie dough as it is if it weren't for writing this post.  It is that good!   Think of the possibilities.... home made cookie dough ice cream, look out Ben and Jerry's! 




I followed the recipe exactly EXCEPT I beat the butter and sugar a little longer to take away any graininess.  I also chilled the dough for several minutes before using my special cookie scoop to form the truffle balls.  




Make sure the cookie dough balls are nice and firm before dipping them into the melted chocolate.  Yes, chocolate dipping is a bit messy and I did feel a bit like Lucille Ball in the famous chocolate scene, but it was fun.  




If you love chocolate chip cookie dough, give these a try. They are like nothing you've ever eaten before!  I refrigerated my truffles to keep the chocolate coating cool and crisp.  Bite through that crunch of chocolate and into real chocolate chip cookie dough!  WOW! 




If you have a moment, watch this Lucille Ball video.  It is a classic comedy clip from the 1950's.... a real piece of Americana!  




Comments

  1. I'm thrilled that you made them, they look great. Thanks for the shout out. Will come back later and watch the Lucy clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great recipe. When you watch the Lucy clip you will see how I eat chocolates.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I'm all for NO BAKE anything. Will definitly give this a try. btw that Lucille Ball video was my mom's favourite, the subject of a well-known family story. Mom was in hospital for gall bladder surgery. The following morning lying in the hospital bed, all sore and with stitches (back in the good old days before dissolving stiches)and barely able to move, the telly was on in her hospital room and this episode was airing. Mom said she was laughing SO hard and therefore in excruciating PAIN .... but she couldn't even reach the television remote to mute or turn it off. ha ha We always laughed about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say laughter is the best medicine but maybe that wasn't the case with your mom. : ) I had forgotten about that episode of I Love Lucy until I was up to my elbows in chocolate. Thank goodness for YouTube!

      Delete
  3. Deb, Rodda's just shared this recipe on their FB page for CLOTTED CREAM TRUFFLES. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! https://www.roddas.co.uk/recipes/clotted-cream-truffles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like something we'd better try. Thank you SO much for the link. Watch this space ..... there may be a new truffle in town! ; )

      You're a peach, Denise!

      Delete

Post a Comment