Mocha Marble Cookies- NOT FOR KIDS

I am basically a PG baker.  You don't usually have to be a certain age or height to eat the cookies I bake, but these are different.  These cookies are NOT for kids!


I mean, they aren't dangerous for children to eat, unless you consider feeding a little person rocket fuel dangerous.  I am pretty sure this combination of chocolate, sugar, and strong coffee would convert to rocket fuel should a small person consume one.  We adults are old enough to handle it....I hope!


Are you ready to risk it?  Begin by preheating the oven to 180C/350F.  Line a baking sheet with baking paper and put the kettle on to boil.

Ingredients
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 tablespoon very hot water

Mix the coffee and hot water in a little bowl. Set aside to cool while you measure out the rest of the ingredients.

125 grams butter or baking margarine at room temperature
135 grams caster sugar
1 medium egg - room temperature
225 grams plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat together until they are fluffy.  Add the egg and beat to incorporate.  Stir in the coffee mixture, vanilla, and baking powder.   Gradually mix in the flour.  

Divide the batter in half.  Wrap one half of the batter in cling film and place it in the refrigerator to chill.  This dough is very soft. You can add an additional tablespoon or two of flour if you think it is too sticky. 

With the remaining dough, add the cocoa powder and stir to combine.  Now wrap the chocolate dough in cling film and chill it for a few minutes.  


Once the dough has chilled, roll each sausage of dough between two pieces of cling film.  They should be about the same size.  Place one layer of dough on top of the other and roll them together.  Wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up again. 


Slice the dough into 1 inch pieces and roll them into a ball.  This will make the marble effect more obvious. 


Place the dough balls on the lined baking tray, leaving a couple of inches between them so they can spread out while baking.  Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are 'set'.   Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!


Be sure to store your Mocha Marble Cookies in an airtight container, away from tiny grasping hands.  We don't want any little ones going into orbit! 

Comments

  1. Mmm, these look wonderful. Love the flavours and very impressive marbling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the marbled effect! And I love anything with coffee so these are right up my street!! Cookies are so simple and yet the best ever treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the stuff I bake, cookies always are eaten the fastest. We are cookie monsters at our house.

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness! These bring back such strong memories for me as my mom would get cookies like these from our local bakery when I was a child! I have yet to try to make them but would love to! They look delicious Debs! Wishing you a lovely week! And happy baking my friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be time to bake a memory! ; D Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I am going to make these for my daughter who is studying for her uni exams - she can skip the coffee & just munch your cookies - I am sure she will love that! Thanks Debs ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to your daughter. I wish her every success. Mum +Cookies=Love ; D

      Delete
  5. Yum! My sort of cookie :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment