The Unexpected Sunbeam

Today has been one of those unusually warm Autumn days.  The sky has been a leaden grey but the weather has been very mild.  It's a sign of the season.  Soon it will turn cold and stay cold.  Most of the trees have lost their leaves and winter seems very close, except in our front garden.


Our little street has a micro-climate that keeps us sheltered and a bit warmer than the surrounding area.  We have flowers earlier in the Spring and leaves later in the Autumn.  It's like being in a cosy pocket.


Late this afternoon, the grey clouds parted and for a few minutes one little sunbeam illuminated the garden.  


The trees took on a luminous appearance and looked lit from within.  I dashed out with my camera to take a few hurried snaps.  It was just too beautiful to miss.


It's all very precarious and fragile.   One good blustery rain and all the leaves will come tumbling down.   Some already have.  


But I am so pleased we have a few days longer to enjoy them.  It's been a glorious Autumn.


I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.  Right, now could we place our order for Christmas snow!


Comments

  1. Wow! What wonderful colours. I love the red tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that little acer, too. It was the first tree I planted in the garden when we bought the house. He puts on a great show every year. : )

      Delete
  2. It always amazes me how nature can produce colours of such intensity they seem almost manufactured! Love the autumn colours - we still have some trees where I am that don't seem to have realised it's autumn yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on being one of the Top 100 Food Bloggers in Woman & Home magazine! You always make such lovely goodies. Let's enjoy the Autumn colours while we can....they take such a long time to return!

      Delete

Post a Comment