Lunch at the Lamb Inn

I love touring the countryside. When it's time for lunch, we head for the nearest village and look for the oldest pub.  




Today, we had lunch at The Lamb Inn - an award winning 16th century coaching house in the village of Sandford.  




The Lamb Inn is a traditional, cosy pub  with friendly, welcoming staff and two resident dogs who greeted us and sat with us through most of our meal.  



The decor is comfy and casual with sofas around the fireplace and a wood burning stove in the dining area. 


I had trout, Jersey Royal Potatoes and seasonal vegetables, topped off with a 'half of cider' and some warm, crusty bread.  Delicious!

  
Lunch was leisurely but I understand the pub hosts a community cinema in a large room upstairs.  You can even take a ZUMBA class here!


I think I'll just stay downstairs with the dog and the fire and my half of cider. Nothing is as nice as a quiet lunch in a country pub.   

Comments