Oeufs en Cocotte - Eggs in Pots

I am on my own for lunch today.  I love cooking, but when it comes to making a meal for myself,  I can't be bothered to mess up the whole kitchen.  This doesn't mean I don't want something hot and delicious. 



Here is a little French recipe that takes almost no time to prepare and has only two main ingredients: eggs and cream.  It's called Oeufs en Cocotte or Eggs in Pots. 




 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F.   Butter an oven proof cup or ramekin (make as many as you like, just repeat the procedure for each ramekin).


Spoon 1 Tablespoon of cream into the bottom of the ramekin.


Crack an egg on to the top of the cream.


Spoon another Tablespoon of cream over the top of the egg.


Season with a bit of salt and pepper. 


Place the ramekins into a baking tray.  Pour hot water into the tray, so that the water comes half way up the ramekins.


Bake for about 15 minutes, more or less depending on how runny you like the egg yolk.  




Serve with some hot, buttered toast to dunk into the creamy egg.  Delicious, hot and hardly any washing up to do!  


Thank you, Rachel Khoo, for the 'how to's' ... see more classic French recipes in her lovely cookbook, 'The Little Paris Kitchen'.

Comments

  1. This sounds delicious and so simple! I will definitely be giving this a go at the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like most things in life, the simple things are often the best. I love this dish, hope you do too! : )

      Delete

Post a Comment